Applications sought for Foster Home Care Workers
Connect With Us
follow us on twitter
Connect with us today for details on what we\'re doingfollow us on twitter
The NCVO invites applications for Care Workers for the Nadine Andreas Residential Foster Home.
The post holder will direct, guide, care for and supervise children in their daily living activity programmes, who are 5-18 years old and have been removed from their natural homes and deemed to need care and protection. They will provide a safe and structured environment for the children in the Home, assist in carrying out programmes of education, recreation, intramural sports, community service projects, and other activities, as well as offer a range of experiences that will allow the children to develop their social skills.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working with children (preferably in a Residential Care Facility)
- Qualifications in one of the following would be highly advantageous: Social Work, Education, Counselling or a related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must maintain and provide proof of a valid driver’s license
- First Aid certificate and Food Handlers certificate
- A strong interest in sporting and outdoor activities
- Should be a strong swimmer
- Able to prepare meals
- Knowledge of de-escalation techniques and behavioural modification programmes
- Demonstration of ethical behaviour and sound judgment that supports the Foster Homes standards of care
The candidate will be required to work on a shift schedule, which will include evenings, nights, weekends and public holidays.
The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday, August 24, 2018
Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.